Pre-workout supplements can help you perform harder and for longer, giving you the edge to build a bigger, better body or peak your athletic performance. Most pre-workout supplements contain caffeine, which has been shown to boast serious benefits like a boost to exercise endurance, extra reps, bigger strength gains, and improved muscle recovery. If your pre-workout supplement seems less effective than it was in the beginning, it might be time to cycle off and give your body a break.
The negative side effects of caffeine
Caffeine triggers an adrenaline rush, the fight-or-flight response that causes muscles to contract and become ready for action. With chronic consumption, the adrenal glands begin to burn out and fatigue, along with a host of changes within the central nervous system that blunt the body’s usual response.
To preserve those coveted stimulation effects of your favourite pre-workout, sports scientists widely recommend caffeine cycling to renew your tolerance.
Cycling caffeine is simply a brief period where you’ll stop consuming caffeine (‘cycling off’), usually for around 2 weeks ( which is standard at the start of many 6 -8 week challenges out there) which research has shown is an adequate amount of time to reduce your tolerance, and feel the effects of caffeine once again.
Caffeine cycling goals!
- Start taking caffeine containing pre workouts again with optimal effect
- Sleep better at night and thus build more muscle and burn fat
- Improve your energy profile throughout the day
- Most importantly get your intense workouts back
Scorpion Vaso Venom
Scorpion Vaso Venom acts as your perfect caffeine cycling supplement and can also be a better choice for late-night workout sessions to ensure a good night’s sleep!
Vaso venom pre-workout contains a number of optimally dosed amino acids that to help to reduce fatigue, increase blood flow and oxygen transportation and boost anaerobic endurance. This formula is like no other!
In order to grow muscles your body needs 3 different sources of stimulation;
- Increased metabolic stress (anaerobic volume)
- Increased anaerobic endurance
- Anaerobic growth signallers
Scorpion Vaso Venom is a muscle building pre workout formula purely created for those shirt-splitting pumps!
Scorpion Vaso Venom combines:
- Dextrose Monohydrate and Maltrin M100, two superior carbohydrate sources to allow for fast absorption and sustained energy to your muscles while training
- 4000mg of AAKG, 4000mg of BCAAs and 1500mg of L-Citrulline to support nitric oxide production and dilate the blood vessel flood gates to soak your muscles with growth stimulating amino acids!
- A 3000mg does of Beta Alanine to help increase muscular endurance during bouts of high intense exercise sessions!
- Vitamin-C and a full spectrum of B-Vitamins may also help you to sustain concentration through high intense interval training.
- L-Tyrosine is added to support adrenaline and energy output.
- Magnesium and Taurine are added to assist in muscle contraction.
Click here to purchase Scorpion Vaso Venom: https://scorpionsupplements.co.nz/products/scorpion-vaso-venom-pre-intra-workout/
How to caffeine cycle?
Firstly we recommend that you gradually reduce caffeine intake over a 2-3 week period. This involves reducing both dose and frequency of intake before cutting it out completely for 2 weeks. Alternatively you can simply stop consuming caffeine for 2 weeks to diminish your caffeine tolerance (go cold turkey).
- When you are in a caffeine cycle we advise you substitute in our Scorpion Vaso Venom. This will allow you to continue to still achieve those sleeve splitting pumps. After this period, your caffeine tolerance is likely to be drastically reduced.
- Repeat the 2 week holiday from caffeine as needed to retain the performance benefits that pre-workouts normally deliver.
- Please note: If the body has become dependent on caffeine, eliminating it from your diet will likely cause withdrawal symptoms. These symptoms typically begin 12–24 hours after stopping caffeine. A few common signs and symptoms of caffeine withdrawal include: headaches, fatigue, anxiety, difficulties concentrating, depressed moods and general irritability.
Scorpion’s tips to reduce caffeine withdrawal symptoms
- Cut back slowly: Quitting cold turkey can shock the body and make withdrawal symptoms heightened. Gradually tappering off caffeine can reduce the withdrawal effects.
- Reduce caffeinated beverages: If you are used to drinking full-strength coffee, start drinking half-decaf, half-regular coffee to slowly reduce your dependence. Even better, swap one of your coffees for a decaf herbal tea
- Stay hydrated: Drinking lots of water is crucial when cutting out caffeine. Dehydration can worsen symptoms of withdrawal.
- Get enough sleep: Aim for at least 6-8 hour of uninterrupted sleep.
Pre-workout supplements can boost your performance, pushing you to your peak and allowing you to train harder for longer. If you find you are becoming too dependent on caffeine to get through your workout (or day), maybe it’s time to consider caffeine cycling to reset your body.